Monday, June 15, 2009

seasons...

I just wanted to say that I think I am probably the only person on the PLANET who HATES summer. I know it's not as hot as it can get - yet - but it's so freakin' hot to me.... is it that humid? Or am I just tired of it all? I run the other way when it comes to summer. I want to hide and NOT run outside. But I HAVE to go outside - I have to continue to walk. I HAVE to drive Legolas to work and pick him up. I HAVE to take both Legolas and Gimli to dance and drama. They have to have lives... whereas i would rather just go to the Arctic for the summer. Anyone have any tickets to the Arctic laying around anywhere?

3 comments:

onesillymama said...

While I don't hate summer, I do know what you mean. The heat is hard for me to take, too. I feel for people who feel the way you do and live in your climate. I'm quite a bit north of you and am not comfortable past a certain temperature outside, a line which we seem to cross more and more each year. Am I just getting older and less tolerant of climate changes? My husband says no, he doesn't remember summers being this hot when we were children. If you do find some tickets to the Arctic, I'll go with you for a while!

Anonymous said...

the three best things about summer ... 1) the laundry baskets don't fill as quickly: shorts and t-shirts take up a lot less room than jeans and sweatshirts; 2) a much lighter schedule; 3) it's only 25% of the year and autumn isn't far away!

Nina said...

Oh, I'm with you! Of course, we live in similar temperature ranges, I believe, so there ya go.

I definitely could see going to the Arctic right about now, even though we have had a break from the 100s for a little bit. Whew!

Now, where's that discount travel website....

:)