Honestly? I am sick and tired of feeling like a second class citizen. If it's not society placing those mores upon me, it is the "church". Society says that a stay-at-home mom - nevermind a home school mom - is worthless, useless, valueless. The "church" says that a woman "should" be home and "should" be subservient to her husband and she is here to "serve" her husband and family and if she has any other aspirations other than sewing or knitting or quilting, she is worthless, uselesss, valueless. Society is raising girls to be professionals - to work outside the home - to put aside the idea of being a stay-at-home mom. Church people are raising their daughters to be stay-at-home moms to cook, clean, sew, knit, create, and serve their family as a "helpmeet".
Quite frankly, both ends of the spectrum are driving me INSANE or should I say crazyER than what I already am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It infuriates me.
I am a SAH-homeschooling mom by CHOICE. I USED to work outside the home in a very good position, as a matter of fact. Does that mean I think girls should be raised to ONLY be SAH moms? No. Does it mean I think girls should be raised to be ONLY work outside of the home moms? NO. It means that I believe that girls should be given the CHOICE to make that decision themselves. Don't raise them thinking that there is only ONE choice out there. There isn't. Not only that, but they can change their minds AT ANY TIME. They can work and then choose to stay home. They can stay home and then work. They can do both at the same time. They can work part time. They can work from home. They can home school their children. You see what I'm saying here? CHOICES, CHOICES, CHOICES! Don't put them in a box! Don't make them feel like second class citizens because of the choices they have made!
STOP PREACHING AS IF WOMEN ARE SECOND CLASS CITIZENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so tired of that! I'm tired of going to church and being made to feel as if I'm NOT GOOD ENOUGH just because of my GENDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I haven't been to church in MONTHS because of this! And let me tell you.... I LOVE MY LORD AND SAVIOUR! But I do NOT like what I hear in the preaching. The men with their "jokes" and football analogies FROM THE PULPIT! I'm SICK of it! I am NOT a second class citizen. I have a BRAIN. I have VALUE. I have WORTH.
HEAR YE! HEAR YE!!! Here's a tip: that "submission" thing.... it's all about MUTUAL SUBMISSION, folks.
Tired of the crap and stupidity.
Tired of feeling alone.
Tired of feeling like an anomaly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment